Home

Home | Forum | ABC Modelarstwa | Galeria | Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości | Szukaj
GRAND PRIX KW | FAQ | Użytkownicy | Grupy | Email do Admina | Profil | Rejestracja | Zaloguj

German U-boat U212A 1:200 (Designed by Strk)
Idź do strony 1, 2, 3  Następny

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum modelarstwo kartonowe, plastikowe ... Strona Główna -> Karton i Papier - makulatura
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Agnius

PostWysłany: Sro Kwi 01 2009, 9:00    Temat postu: German U-boat U212A 1:200 (Designed by Strk) Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

Hello everybody,

First of all, sorry for the english language, used in this topic, but I do not speak polish, so hope it will not be a problem Smile

I think most of you know models designed by Strk (971 Szczuka, SSBN Delta III class), which in my opinion are very good designed and nice looking subs. So I was very happy, when Strk asked me to test build his new model: new German submarine U212 designed traditionally in 1/200 scale. I have got few pdf sheets with model parts and immediately started the building process:

As recommended by model author, I used 180g paper for hull parts and 1mm cardboard for skeleton.
Powrót do góry
Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Agnius

PostWysłany: Sro Kwi 01 2009, 9:11    Temat postu: German U-boat U212A 1:200 (Designed by Strk) Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

No problems noticed while bulding the skeleton of the ship. Every part fits ideally:

But I had one comment to the model designer: I would like to have one more part, like P4 in first picture, but going at the middle of the bulkheads along all ship. Such design, in my opinion, ensures not only more rigid structure, but also eliminates problems with warped keel or not perpendicular bulkheads. Anyway, I had no big problems with existing design, just needed to be more careful Smile

Here is a picture of finished skeleton and some parts of the hull:

Seems that Revell's 212 in huge 1/144 scale will wait for a while Smile
Powrót do góry
Lemur

PostWysłany: Sro Kwi 01 2009, 18:34    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

Hi, nice to see You between us.
So far it looks nice. Cut lines nice and straight. Maybe You have a picture or drawing of this u-boot to show how it's gonna look's.

Sorry for my English but is much easier to talk than wright ;)

Good luck and keep going Smile
I will come and have a look in this place every day.

Agnius

PostWysłany: Czw Kwi 02 2009, 12:28    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

Lemur napisał:
Hi, nice to see You between us.
So far it looks nice. Cut lines nice and straight. Maybe You have a picture or drawing of this u-boot to show how it's gonna look's.

Sorry for my English but is much easier to talk than wright ;)

Good luck and keep going Smile
I will come and have a look in this place every day.

Hello Lemur,

Thank you for your comments. I have no drawing (because designer of the model is Strk not me), but collected few photos, to imagine what this submarine is:

This u-boat is most advanced German submarine today with AIP (Air Independent Propulsion).
Powrót do góry
Agnius

PostWysłany: Czw Kwi 02 2009, 12:51    Temat postu: German U-boat U212A 1:200 (Designed by Strk) Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

The building process is going on. Here is the picture of some hull sections, which have simple shape (rectangle). I cutted and glued them into one big hull part before glueing it to skeleton. This allows to eliminate gaps between hull parts and have nice seam:

I used the same (180g) paper stripes to connect parts together and this was my mistake ;) Because when I "ironed" and smoothed the seams between parts, the paper stripes became noticable, showing through:

You can see this bad effect at last two joints particularly:

Another side:

Anyway, it is noticable only at some angles Smile And lately I am planning to paint and clear coat the model, so hope it will eliminates this.
Powrót do góry
Lemur

PostWysłany: Czw Kwi 02 2009, 19:35    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

Thank You for pic's. It's gonna be a really nice, good looking model (i think ;) ). But with does strips You've done bad job. I hope that is possible to fix it and don't make anymore mistakes like this one.
For me only problem is a size of model. Scale 1:200 - is not to small??
How big it will be after assembly?
Sorry for all those questions but i'd like to know little bit more about it. It is a good idea to make modern u-boot Very Happy

Good luck

Siara

PostWysłany: Pią Kwi 03 2009, 0:40    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

Agnius- looks good from here! Do not worry about the indentations between ribs. Without knowing you created the perfect oil canning effect- something which was present on all the submarines which saw action. Laughing
Agnius

PostWysłany: Pią Kwi 03 2009, 9:10    Temat postu: German U-boat U212A 1:200 (Designed by Strk) Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

Siara napisał:
Agnius- looks good from here! Do not worry about the indentations between ribs. Without knowing you created the perfect oil canning effect- something which was present on all the submarines which saw action. Laughing

Yes, I know this effect, but the problem is, that U212 is a single hull submarine Smile So oil canning effect can not be seen for pressure hull Smile But as I said, I think after almost black paint and clearcoating, i will eliminate this. And besides, this is a BETA BUILD, so the author of the model did not asked me to be very precisious Laughing As far as I know, this model will be published in Modelarstwo Okretowe lately.

At this moment I am working on bow sections, which has complex shape, so need to be careful (this is third attempt already Smile)

And also I noticed that for such small boat, which will be ~30cm length, 180g paper is too much rigid and do not want to roll good. Next time when I will build Kilo class submarine which designing is in progress, I will use 160g paper.
Powrót do góry
Agnius

PostWysłany: Pon Kwi 06 2009, 8:38    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

So building is going on. During weekend almost completed nose section. It has complex shape, so was precise and careful. Need to commend Strk, because he designed bow very well, details suits to each other very good:

But one thing I completely dislike - the details are painted using very thick line. I used to Halinski like models, where are no any lines at all - just color regions. Maybe such "fat" line is good for tanks, but here I had problems: if cutting centerline, get bad result, if cut at the outer edge of line - detail is bigger than needed. So hope, when model will be published in Modelarstwo Okretowe (I hope), it will has no contour lines Smile
Powrót do góry
Agnius

PostWysłany: Nie Kwi 12 2009, 21:05    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem Pisownia

So, during weekend and Easter it is a good time to spent few hours for gluing models Smile I continued with aft part of the ship. For unknown reason I remade aft segments several times to achieve acceptable result. This is not the fault of the designer - I am sure that I was not very precise while building skeleton so some part did not fit well.

Final result:

View of all boat:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum modelarstwo kartonowe, plastikowe ... Strona Główna -> Karton i Papier - makulatura Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Idź do strony 1, 2, 3  Następny
Strona 1 z 3

Skocz do: